Committee Composition: the officers of the Board: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Immediate Past President, plus any other Directors appointed by the President, who chairs the IMC. The Vice President coordinates board development activities.
The Internal Management Committee (IMC) meets as needed between Board meeting, and is responsible for the following, plus any other situation as charged by the Board:
· Administrative Budget
· Executive Director’s Evaluation (November-December)
· Crisis situations between Board meetings
· Annual policies & procedures review
The IMC also has responsibilities for board development:
- Nominates new Board Members, assuring that the Board represents the diversity of the community served, including members with expertise and experience needed on a volunteer Board of Directors, and provides
- Nominates Board Officers.
- Confirms Eligible Board Members for re-election.
- Develops and implement new Board Member orientation and annual Board retreat.
- Explores in-service/education opportunities for Board Members and staff.
- Conducts and analyzes annual Board self-assessment.
Committee Composition: Members of the community, Campaign Cabinet, interested UW Board members, and United Way Staff support.
The Events Committee is responsible for planning and implementation of LIVE UNITED DAY, Campaign Kickoff, and the Annual Awards Celebration.
- Design and implement each event
- Choose the timing of each event
- Recruit participants as needed
- Design and implement a Marketing /PR plan for each event
- Design and implement appreciation activity for the volunteers involved after each event.
- Evaluate each event and process and strategize for future events
Finance & Audit
Treasurer of the Board, at least two other members of the UW Board, and the Executive Director, ex officio. At least one member of the Finance & Audit Committee shall have licensure as a certified public accountant or have at least five years of experience in accounting/financial management as his/her primary job responsibility.
- Advise the Executive Director and Board on financial matters and information systems.
- Provide education opportunities re: financial reporting to the Board.
- Anticipate problems and opportunities that might occur and propose resolutions and actions to minimize risk to the organization and maximize positive outcomes.
- Review budgets prepared by staff for consistency between the budget and the organization’s plans.
- Report to the Board any financial irregularities, concerns, or opportunities.
- Recommend financial guidelines to the Board.
- Work with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely.
- Oversee short and long-term investments.
- Determine OAUW insurance needs, propose policies, and ensure that policies are renewed annually.
- Review processing fee for campaign designations to Other United Ways and nonprofit agencies annually and adjust as needed.
Resource Development & Marketing (now part of the Campaign Cabinet)
The Resource Development Committee of the Orrville Area United Way (OAUW) shall identify new funding sources, cultivate new donors and increase giving among existing donors.
Committee Composition: A minimum of four to six individuals, at least half of whom are UW Board members. The Immediate Past President shall serve as Chair.
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase corporate gifts by developing and building relationships with new and existing corporate donors
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase giving among retirees
- Collaborate with the Campaign Cabinet to develop and implement a strategy to increase giving potential in all sectors
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase the number of Leadership Circle givers, and retain and increase the levels of giving among existing Leadership Circle givers
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase giving in the Dalton/Kidron area
- Develop and implement a donor recognition program
- Develop and implement a strategy to build an endowment fund through individual opportunities for giving and bequests
Citizen Review Committee (CRC)
The Citizen Review Committee reviews applications and recommends funding for agency programs. Current United Way volunteers and members from the community are encouraged to participate.
The Campaign Cabinet consists of the Campaign Chair, Vice Chair, Pacesetters Coordinator, Division Chairs/Co-Chairs, President of the UW board, and UW staff. The Campaign Cabinet is responsible for conducting the annual fundraising effort and for assuring its completion by the end of the first week in November.